Sunday, August 2, 2026

Emma M. Lion

Many have discovered the unique and totally absorbing pleasure to be found in reading the eight volumes (more to come!) of The Unselected Journals of Miss Emma M. Lion by Beth Brower.   I came rather late to the journals, finally obtaining them earlier this year and quickly making my way through the first six volumes in April and May.  I knew a ninth volume was in the works, possibly to be printed this summer.  I held off reading volumes 7 and 8 as long as I possibly could, but finally gave in last week, so now there are none!  Until Volume 9 arrives in the bookstores, that is.   And the long anticipatory waiting begins. . . sigh!


 

6 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of these, but I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mari, haven't heard but would love to know more too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another one who is intrigued! Must google

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain as I read them all after you blogged about them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard of these books, but have not yet read them. It's good to read how others are finding them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sara, those sound wonderful! Thank you for sharing. I hope you are not having too hot a weather now. My son and daughter-in-law were in San Diego last week and said it was hot and humid, like a Virginia summer. He grew up in California and has made many trips back for vacations since. He doesn't ever remember it being like this before. I hope you are able to stay nice and cool.

    ReplyDelete