Taking photos is one of my favorite things to do. I don't really give it much thought, and I only use my phone camera, but I am always looking, looking, looking, without even realizing it. Whenever something grabs my aesthetic sense and says "here I am!" I respond if at all possible. Many decades ago I had an SLR Canon with all kinds of lenses and knew how to load the film, adjust the aperture, the focus, and so on (I can barely even remember what was involved!) for each shot. But now, it's a simple matter to point and shoot. Suites me fine! The best part is not needing to wait for the film to be developed; the results are instantaneous.
Here are a few moody shots taken recently.
1. Cloudy night sky and the ever present "three sentinels," as one friend has dubbed those palm trees.
2. More palms on a slope, in the early morning as I walked around the block. It wasn't half so dark and moody looking to my eyes. I guess we all know that taking photos directly toward the rising sun, even when shrouded by clouds, makes for this sort of result.
3. What greets my eyes when I return from my morning walks and enter the still darkened house.
4. Plumeria and palms; another early morning view. I do like the silhouette effect.
I suppose it sounds like I have been doing a lot of walking; I wish it were true! It's so warm and sticky outside these days even at 6:30 in the morning. I have been lazy but I plan to get back to it soon (as in right away tomorrow morning), heat or no heat. I always feel so much better after a good morning walk.




I totally understand, I am the same way. And when I see something that would make a great photo and can't take that picture, it really bugs me. (Like when I'm driving!)
ReplyDeleteAnyway, your pics today are beautiful, you did great!
Love these pictures! I take tons of pictures too, Smartphone cameras are really good these days!
ReplyDeletePhotography revolutionized by these phones of ours. These days it suits me just fine, too. You captured the moods...
ReplyDeleteYour moody photos are lovely. I am much the same - often seeing the world in still images waiting to be photographed.
ReplyDelete